Programs – Individual Learning
Test Prep Programs
Why our Test Prep is better than the rest:
- Free unlimited practice sections: tests are like a game; the more you play, the better you get!
- High School Placement Test
- KY & IN Driver’s Test
- Weekly session summary and plan sent directly to parents/guardians
- No contracts or long-term commitments required
- Individualized plans tailored to each student
We charge $80 per hour for our test prep but also offer unlimited practice time and materials at our facility for no extra charge—focusing on strategies and practice! Many times students schedule one day per week with us on top of their one-on-one hours just to practice—it is no extra charge so we encourage them to take advantage of this service.
We provide one-on-one tutoring for all ages, pre-k through post-grad and all subjects. We specialize in reading, math, and written expression.
- Whether your child is an emerging reader, struggles with reading comprehension, or needs to build higher-level critical thinking skills, we are here to help.
- In math, we work with students building initial number sense through pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, calculus, and many college-level courses.
- We help students build their writing portfolio at any age with clear, concrete steps to make the writing process less laborious for the duration of their academic careers.
At The Academy, we provide the benefit of a steady educator in your child’s life that can assist them with whatever they need throughout the school week.
The Academy of Louisville is also here when your child simply needs to brush up on a specific skill needs help with a difficult subject or wants to study for an upcoming assessment.
- We are open all summer and provide a flexible schedule in order to work around vacations and other activities.
- Summer classes can be for skill-building, previewing upcoming concepts, enrichment, test prep, or all of the above!
- Choose “mini semesters” in the summer where you pick the subjects, and we will review and prepare your child for next year’s concepts.
- We also work with area schools to provide credit recovery for students who failed to earn credit for a class or multiple classes in the previous year. Through an individualized one-on-one plan, The Academy teaches students the necessary concepts while preparing them for success in subsequent courses by teaching executive functioning and study skills.
The cost for one-on-one tutoring is $80 per hour or $40 for 30 minutes for younger children.
No more evenings ruined by the dreaded words, ”But it’s due tomorrow!”
- Let us help your child complete their homework and prepare for assessments while learning the executive functioning skills to do this on their own.
- Students work with knowledgeable tutors who are able to help them efficiently complete their work and provide quality checks for all assignments before signing off on them.
- Homework Hall tutors check online portals daily and help students know what they need to complete in addition to helping them complete it.
- Students are welcome to use the service as much as they need between the hours of 3:00 to 8:00 Monday-Thursday and 3:00 to 6:00 Friday.
- Children entering 4th through 12th grades may participate in Homework Hall.
Homework Hall is a flat weekly rate of $175 and students are welcome to use the service as much as they need between the hours of 3:00 to 8:00, Monday-Thursday and 3:00 to 6:00, Friday.
Ready to get started?
We're dedicated to supporting your student's needs in a safe and nuturing environment. Our staff is fully vaccinated, and we are open for in-person and online tutoring sessions. Get scheduled now!